Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where AM I From, Exactly?

August 31st

This morning as I was buying bread I kept getting called “La Russe” by a guy I didn't know at the coffee shack. Since when have there ever been Russians in Burkina? I understand when they call me “La Francaise” or even “La Belge” since French and Belgian (and even German) NGOs have a fairly big presence in Burkina, but Russian?

I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling better about going to the science camp, even staying the whole time (earlier I'd been hoping to leave early since I have so little time left in village). It could be simple resigned laziness, or my feelings about working at the CSPS this morning, but I'm looking forward to the time away so that I'll appreciate all the more when I get to come back. I've still got some stuff to work out on my way home at the Bureau, paperwork and appointments and this issue Jeff called about. They apparently got our COS date a little wrong and now I officially COS November 16th (instead of the 15th), That's fine, but he said that since the 12th is a holiday I might want to come in on the 9th to get stuff started, which seems excessive. I'd really prefer not to be sitting around for 3 days over the long weekend just to have one extra day to do Bureau paperwork, so I'll ask Jeff if there's anything I can do to get things done in advance of those final “COS” days.

No comments:

Post a Comment