Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First posts on new blogs are inevitibly weird

It's like jumping into a novel halfway through, and it tends to take a little while to get caught up and familiar with all of the characters, no?

Anyway, for those who know me, this is hopefully where I will be chronicling my time in Burkina.  Tune in for stories, photos (I hope!), and maybe the odd request for American junk food.

For those who don't know me, my name is Jess and this is the start of my Peace Corps adventure!  I've just graduated from Mount Holyoke College in May, moved home to Denver, and in 6 weeks I'll be on my way to Burkina Faso to work as a Community Health Development volunteer.  I don't know where I'm going, or exactly what my day-to-day will look like, but I can't wait to find out.  In the mean time I've been re-learning French, trying to figure out what to pack, and reading all about Burkina and the Peace Corps.

Speaking of French...I have class tomorrow morning at my old high school! Thus, time for bed (why do I always have the urge to blog after I should be asleep?)

No comments:

Post a Comment