Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Zogare, Ferris Bueller


June 9th

Very calm and lazy day, almost annoyingly so, how strange is that? I kept feeling this need to be doing something productive, something actively engaging either myself or both of us, I felt guilty for taking a Saturday and just doing laundry and reading like I would have in site. Weird.

I had a really hard time falling asleep last night after we moved inside because it started raining again. Woke up when Dave went to go run but stayed in bed until he came back. I got his mat and did the start of my yoga routine, and oh it has been a while! My hamstrings were so tight I couldn't even touch my toes at first, a far cry from 2 months ago. Something I'd definitely like to pick back up, I just really need a new way of having it in my routine now that the rain has started and it might be too wet to do it outside and I've started spending my evenings with my nurses instead of going home at 5pm.

Anyway. Did some yoga, did a little laundry, talked a lot about relationships, divorce, college classes, pranks and dares. We ate good food (more peanut butter and honey sandwiches, yum!), waited in vain for Maurice to call about getting beers, made dinner (spaghetti with tons of veggies and tuna), and watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. How have I never seen this movie?! I swear it would have changed my life in high school. I loved the 80's clothing and hairdo's, the analog voice machines, his brilliant maneuvers to keep people off his tail, the car (the car!), the cheesy background music for dramatic moments, the “everything is all right now” ending that completely ignored the loose ends, the overly obvious foreshadowing (even I knew what was coming!) - it was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment