Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cooking Morning

July 29th

I'm sitting on my patio drinking my breakfast tea and getting ready to start cooking. It's very gray this morning – it rained like crazy last night. Just as I was getting ready for bed the wind picked up, to the point that I had to shut the windows and even my front door to stop the dust from swirling in. But at least now I don't have to water my garden! I've already got watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, green beans, and butternut squash sprouting, and possibly basil, although that could just be the little weeds that are impossible to pick out until they get a bit bigger. I'm slightly worried that my tomatoes, cilantro, sage and onion seeds were just too old, but we'll see – it's only been 6 days after all.

I guess I should get going, it's 7:30. Time for the tortilla-chip extravaganza! Cooking with Sali yesterday was a lot of fun, and we made, rolled out, and cooked about 25 tortillas, which, along with 2 dozen cookies, took a little over 2 hours. I'm afraid it won't be enough for all of the people I want to feed, but everyone will at least get a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment