Thursday, May 10, 2012

Painting Tomorrow


April 15th

I've been kind of nervous and out of sorts all day, having a hard time focusing even though all I'm doing is laundry and reading. I'm thinking that a big part of it lies in my trepidation for tomorrow. I'm not feeling too friendly towards this lycee director so I'm not particularly looking forward to showing up tomorrow to paint. His idea was to paint it above the classrooms, on the part of the wall that sticks out to cover the patio area, but I would like to try and move it to a side wall so I'm not 10 feet up in the air the whole time, which means further negotiations potentially fraught with more...cultural nuances like I experienced last time. I also need someone to help me transport the paint there – that giant can is a little too heavy to transport on my bike. Maybe we can transport paint in the morning and I can start painting in the afternoon or tomorrow morning? At least I have an old skirt and a faded t-shirt from the “free bin” that I can use as painting clothes! I knew they would come in handy some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment